Saturday 4 June 2011

Parchment

I mostly use 150gsm and 160gsm plain parchment paper for my projects. One of the problems I had when I started out was that the parchment buckled and curled and sometimes the natural oils on my hands marked the parchment.

Most of these problems disappear when you get used to parching. For example, it is often a good idea to rest your hand on a piece of folded kitchen roll, protecting the parchment from oils and heat from the skin.

A beginner may not yet have developed a lighter touch because the work demands a high level of concentration and so it is difficult to relax. This improves the more you practise.

Certainly it is not a good idea to put moisturising lotion on your hands and then work on your parchment! Unless of course you are going to wear gloves!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mollie. I found your blog via a new follower on mine and was interested to read your comment about handcream. Amongst the group of parchers that I belong to we use Udderly Smooth Handcream which is ideal as it leaves no greasy marks. I use it all the time. Available online from PCPdirect.co.uk
    Carol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol
    Oh fantastic, I shall get some , thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete